Every Bradenton resident knows the sheer relief of stepping into a cool home after a day under the Florida sun. Your air conditioner is like that ever-reliable friend, always there to give you a break from the sweltering heat. But just like any relationship, your bond with your AC needs care and attention to thrive. Ever wondered what magic our HVAC technicians perform to keep your cooling buddy in top shape? Let’s unravel the mystery and walk you through the steps of a typical AC service.
1. Comprehensive System Inspection: Before diving into the specifics, our technician begins with a thorough system check. They inspect the external unit, internal mechanisms, and overall setup, ensuring everything is positioned and functioning as it should.
2. Cleaning and Changing the Filters: A clogged filter can severely hamper your AC’s performance. Our technicians will clean or replace these filters, ensuring optimal airflow and better air quality for your home.
3. Checking the Thermostat: Is your thermostat accurate? Does it respond as it should? By ensuring your thermostat is both functional and calibrated correctly, we make sure your home stays at your desired temperature without unnecessary energy expenditure.
4. Inspecting the Condensate Drain: In humid locales like Bradenton, the condensate drain can get clogged easily. Our technicians ensure this drain is clear, preventing any unwanted water buildup or potential mold growth.
5. Evaluating the Refrigerant Levels: Too much or too little refrigerant can be a problem. Our technicians will check the levels, refilling or rectifying as needed, to ensure your AC cools your home efficiently.
6. Cleaning the Coils: Over time, the evaporator and condenser coils collect dirt. Dirty coils reduce the system’s ability to cool, so we make sure they’re sparkling clean, ensuring better efficiency and longevity.
7. Checking Electrical Components: Safety first! All electrical connections are inspected and tightened. We also measure the voltage and current on motors to avoid any future electrical hitches.
8. Lubricating Moving Parts: Friction in any of the moving parts can cause the system to overheat and reduce its lifespan. Proper lubrication ensures everything runs smoothly.
9. System Test: Lastly, the entire system is tested. We want to ensure that after our visit, your AC is running more efficiently and effectively than before.
While the Florida sun shows no mercy, our HVAC technicians at AirNow are always geared up to ensure your AC does its job flawlessly. So the next time you schedule a service, you’ll know exactly the magic we’re working behind the scenes to keep you cool. Stay breezy, Bradenton!