When the winter temperatures hit, you want to remain comfortable in your home with a properly functioning heating system. For heater and furnace repairs and installations, call Air Now. In business since 1946, we have more than 70 years of HVAC experience. Contact us for services in the Sarasota, FL area.
Heating Services We Offer
- Heating Maintenance and Repair
- Heating Installation and Replacement
- Furnace Maintenance and Repair
- Furnace Installation and Replacement
- Heat Pump Repair and Installation
- Ductless Mini Split AC Systems Repair and Installation
When your heater starts to malfunction, contact us to learn about our heater repair services.
Signs Your Heater Needs to Be Repaired
Having your heater go out on a chilly winter day is never ideal. To avoid this, it’s important to watch for signs that can indicate your unit is in need of repairs. Some symptoms that can signal you should call a technician can include:
- Uneven heating: Your home isn’t warming to the desired temperature, or it’s not being evenly distributed throughout the house. This can result in hot and cold areas in your home.
- Odd noises: All systems make some sounds, but if your unit starts to make loud or unusual noises you should have it looked at.
- Increase in bills: You notice an increase in your monthly utility bills -- meaning an increase in energy used by your unit -- without a change in your usage.
- Leaking ductwork. If you notice any leaks you should have the ducts inspected by a professional.
How a Malfunctioning Heater Can Impact Your Home
When your heating system fails the most noticeable impact to you and your family is likely the drop in temperature and your comfort levels. But there are other impacts a malfunctioning unit can have as well. Some of these can include:
- Risk of illness: The drop in temperature can risk making your family sick. Also, an issue like a carbon monoxide leak can be extremely dangerous to your family’s health.
- Lower indoor air quality: A malfunctioning unit can reduce the level of indoor air quality in your home as it fails to remove particles from the air.
- Risk of fire: Systems are designed to operate safely, but if certain ailments occur it can pose a threat of a fire.
- Increased in utility bills: If your system is operating less efficiently, it can use more energy, causing your monthly bills to increase.
Does your furnace need to be replaced? Learn about our furnace installation services.
Benefits of Installing a New Heater
Having your heater breakdown doesn’t have to be a negative event, as the advantages of installing a new unit can outweigh dealing with the replacement. Some of the benefits of installing a new system can include:
- Energy efficiency: Newer models are made to be more energy-efficient, resulting in lower utility bills.
- Increased comfort: A new system can have better climate control to ensure your home stays at the desired temperature.
- Better indoor air quality: A new unit comes with new filters that can help improve the indoor air quality in your home.
- No repairs anytime soon: Installing a new unit brings peace of mind that you shouldn’t have to schedule repairs in the near future.
- Even heating: New systems can have better climate control, allowing each room in your home to be at the same temperature.