The summer heat is here, and the last thing we want is an air conditioner that’s not doing its job. But what do you do if your AC is blowing weak or even cold air? Don’t sweat it! AirNow is here to help, and we’ve got some valuable insights to share with you. Let’s break down the common reasons why this might be happening and what you can do to fix it.
1. Clogged Air Filter
- Why it’s a problem: Your AC’s air filter might be dirty, restricting the airflow like trying to breathe with a blanket over your mouth.
- What to do: Check and change your air filter regularly, especially if it looks dirty. Also, make sure no objects are blocking the return vents in your home.
2. Frozen Evaporator Coils
- Why it’s a problem: If the evaporator coils freeze over, it blocks the airflow. This can result from dirty air filters, dirt on coils, or a refrigerant leak.
- What to do: Check your coils and filters. If they’re frozen, turn your thermostat fan to “ON” mode to thaw, and make sure to place something underneath to catch the melting ice. If the problem persists, it’s time to call in the pros.
3. Leaky or Blocked Air Ducts
- Why it’s a problem: If there are holes, leaks, or blockages in your air ducts, you’ll notice a decrease in the cool air coming from your vents.
- What to do: Have a professional inspect your ductwork. This isn’t a DIY fix, and that’s where AirNow comes in handy!
4. Heating Issue with Heat Pump
- Why it’s a problem: If you’re using a heat pump and it’s not blowing warm air, issues like clogged filters, the furnace being turned off, or low refrigerant might be the culprits.
- What to do: Check your filters, make sure the furnace power switch is on, and if you suspect low refrigerant, give us a call!
We’re Here to Help!
At AirNow, we’ve been keeping customers cool for over 75 years, and we take your comfort seriously. From emergency repairs to standard maintenance, we’ve got you covered. Our N.A.T.E. certified technicians are equipped with the latest technologies to provide comprehensive air conditioning solutions for your home or business.
Feeling a little overwhelmed by all of this? Don’t worry; that’s what we’re here for. Give us a call at (941) 216-2028, and let’s make sure you and your family stay comfortable all year long. Trust us; we’ve got this! 😊
Stay cool, friends!