NOAA Predicts Hotter Than Usual Summer
Summer is here and the NOAA official Summer temperature outlook shows that most of the United States is expected to be warmer than normal. With the heat comes the need for air conditioning. It is important to keep your air conditioner properly maintained to ensure that it is working efficiently and effectively.
Here are some reasons why it is imperative to keep your air conditioner properly maintained:
- Improved energy efficiency: A well-maintained air conditioner will run more efficiently, which can help reduce your energy bills.
- Longer lifespan: Regular maintenance can help extend the lifespan of your air conditioner.
- Improved indoor air quality: A dirty air filter can lead to poor indoor air quality, which can cause health problems such as allergies and respiratory issues.
- Fewer breakdowns: Regular maintenance can help prevent breakdowns and costly repairs.
Here are some risks of not having air conditioning during the hottest time of the year:
- Heat exhaustion: Without air conditioning, you are at risk of developing heat exhaustion, which can cause symptoms such as dizziness, nausea, and fatigue.
- Heat stroke: In extreme cases, not having air conditioning can lead to heat stroke, which is a life-threatening condition that requires immediate medical attention.
- Poor sleep quality: Without air conditioning, it can be difficult to get a good night’s sleep, which can lead to fatigue and other health problems.
Here are some tips for keeping your air conditioner properly maintained:
- Change the air filter regularly (at least once every three months).
- Keep the outdoor unit clean and free of debris.
- Schedule regular maintenance with a professional HVAC technician.
- Keep the area around the outdoor unit clear of vegetation and other obstructions.
Keeping your air conditioner properly maintained is essential for ensuring that it works efficiently and effectively. Regular maintenance can help improve energy efficiency, extend the lifespan of your air conditioner, improve indoor air quality, and prevent breakdowns and costly repairs. Not having air conditioning during the hottest time of the year can put you at risk of developing heat exhaustion or heat stroke and can lead to poor sleep quality. By following these tips, you can keep your air conditioner running smoothly all summer long.