A malfunctioning heater can leave you and your family miserable in a chilly home. Don’t put off repairs! Instead, get 24-hour heating repair services when you call Air Now. Servicing HVAC systems for more than 70 years, we have the expertise to complete your repairs quickly and accurately. Call us to schedule heating repair, tune up and maintenance services in the Sarasota, FL area.
When your furnace starts to malfunction, call us to learn about our furnace repair services.
Does Your Heater Need Repairs? These Signs Say Yes
As a homeowner, it can be difficult to know when a system needs attention before it stops working completely. Luckily, there are signs you can watch for that can indicate when your heater needs to be serviced. Some symptoms can include:
- Inconsistent heating: If certain rooms in your house heat more than others, or your home isn’t heating to the preferred temperature.
- Unusual sounds: You notice loud or strange noises coming from your system.
- Rise in utility bills: Your monthly utility bills increase without a change in your usage.
- Leaking ductwork: You notice leaks in your ductwork. Any leaks should be inspected by a professional.
4 Ways a Broken Heater Can Impact Your Home
Let’s face it, during a chilly winter, it can be miserable trying to get out of bed in the morning in a frigid home. While an uncomfortable house can have the most obvious impact on you and your home when the heater malfunctions, there are other effects as well. Some of these can include:
- Health risks: A carbon monoxide leak can be dangerous - even deadly - to your family. Also, lower temperatures can put your family at risk for illness.
- Higher utility bills: A broken unit can cause your monthly bills to increase as it needs to work harder to try to heat your home.
- Reduced indoor air quality: Your home’s indoor air quality can be lowered by a malfunctioning unit.
- Fire risk: Your unit can be at-risk for starting on fire if certain elements aren’t working correctly.
Is it time to replace your existing heating unit? Contact us to learn about our heater installation services.
What to Expect During a Heater Tune-Up
Scheduling routine tune-ups are important to keep your heater functioning as expected. Regular maintenance can help prolong the unit’s lifespan, as well as improve its performance when you need it most in the winter months. When you schedule a routine visit, you can expect the trained professional to perform the following tasks:
- Turn off the power: This will help keep the technician and your family safe while he or she is performing the inspection.
- Check the inner components: The expert will examine the inner parts of the unit to make sure they are functioning as expected. He or she might clean some as needed to ensure they perform well throughout the winter.
- Replace worn out parts or belts: It’s easier to replace these parts before they break, so expect the technician to look for signs of aging or wear and tear.