While it can seem like it’s cheaper to keep fixing your existing, aging furnace, do you know it can actually be more cost-effective to replace it with a newer model? When it’s time to replace your system call Air Now to schedule services in the Sarasota, FL area. Servicing HVAC systems since 1964, we offer our clients more than 70 years of experience.
Not quite ready to replace your unit? Learn about our furnace repair services.
Signs Your Furnace Needs to Be Replaced
For every appliance and system in your home, there comes a time when it needs to be replaced. The good news is that when it comes to replacing your furnace, it can be more cost-effective to install a new unit than to keep repairing the existing system. Some symptoms that can signal it’s time to replace your system can include:
- If your unit is near the end of its lifespan.
- Loss of efficiency. If your home is no longer reaching its desired temperature, or if you’re noticing uneven heating throughout the house.
- Any cracks in your unit should be inspected by a professional immediately, as they can signal a potentially dangerous situation.
- Higher utility bills. This can signal a loss of efficiency in your unit.
- Multiple repairs. Frequent repairs can make fixing your older unit more expensive than replacing it.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
Installing a new furnace can have many benefits. One of the biggest advantages of replacing your furnace is the assurance that your unit is unlikely to break down unexpectedly, others can include:
- New features. New units come with the latest technology and all of the bells and whistles to give you more options when heating your home.
- Higher efficiency: New systems consume up to 30 percent less fuel than older units, making them more energy-efficient.
- Less noise. Newer units tend to be quieter than older systems.
- Even and consistent heating. New units can provide more consistent heat throughout your home.
Don’t get stuck in the heat this summer with a malfunctioning evaporator coil. Contact us to learn about our evaporator coil services.
Common Furnace Issues
As your furnace ages you might start to encounter more problems with it. Some common issues you might notice can include:
- Lack of maintenance: Not having your unit professionally serviced at least once a year can lead to numerous issues.
- Dirty or clogged filters: Failure to regularly replace furnace filters can lead to dust, dirt and other debris accumulating in the unit.
- Mechanical wear and tear: Your unit can lose efficiency as it ages and more wear and tear become present.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: If your home isn’t heating to its desired temperature it can signal an issue with the thermostat.
- Inadequate airflow: Your unit can overheat if the airflow is disrupted.
- Carbon monoxide leak: Cracks in your furnace can cause serious issues, like a carbon monoxide leak. You should evacuate your home immediately if you suspect you have a leak, as this can create a dangerous situation for you and your family.