Air handlers play a crucial role in your HVAC system. Without a functioning air handler your heating, cooling and ventilating units can’t properly push air through the systems. This can prevent your unit from distributing air throughout your home. When your system needs repairs, call Air Now. In business since 1946, we have the experience and expertise to get the job done quickly and accurately. Call us today to schedule an appointment in the Sarasota, FL area.
Have an air conditioner leak? Learn about our AC refrigerant leak services.
Why Air Handlers Are Important
Don’t overlook the importance of an air handler in your HVAC system. This component plays a crucial role in your heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems by:
- Directing air through the heating and cooling systems.
- Pushing air through at pre-calculated rates, based on the system size and area that needs to be heated or cooled.
- Regulating the circulation rate and ensuring that it is adequately distributed.
Benefits of Having Your Air Handler Inspected Regularly
When it comes to your air handler, it’s better to catch the problem early rather than too late, when it can impact your HVAC system. It’s recommended you have your entire system - including the air handler - inspected at least once a year. Some of the benefits of scheduling these annual maintenance visits with a professional can include:
- Avoiding potential problems later that could require serious, much larger repairs.
- Checking the blower motor to assess its functionality and efficiency, and look for any changes in speed and output of forced air.
- Inspecting the fan belts, which are a major part of the blower. It’s recommended you replace these as soon as they show signs of wear and tear to avoid more serious repairs.
- Cleaning the cooling coils that can get clogged with dirt and dust,
- Changing air filters regularly.
Is your AC unit pushing out musty air? Ask about our evaporator coil services.
Advantages of Replacing Your Air Handler ASAP
If we all had a magic ball to foresee the future we would always be preemptive in replacing systems before they fail. Unfortunately, we don’t, and we typically have to wait for signs that our units need replacing before we act. When it comes to your air handler, there are advantages to replacing the unit as soon as possible, including:
- Avoiding interrupted use of the system
- Avoiding further deterioration of related system parts
- Avoiding future costly repairs
- Maintaining optimal indoor air quality